Randy A. Canche
Randy Canche has represented a diverse array of clients and devotes the majority of his practice to complex litigation matters. He has successfully settled hundreds and tried dozens of cases in state, federal, administrative, and arbitration courts throughout the world. Mr. Canche received his Bachelor of Science Degrees in Chemistry and Economics from Baylor University, where he graduated with the highest honors and was on the Dean’s List every semester.
Since his graduation from South Texas College of Law, Mr. Canche has worked at some of the country’s most prestigious law firms, where he has represented Plaintiffs in large personal injury, medical malpractice, commercial litigation, product liability, and employment litigation cases. His experience in personal injury and product liability cases is vast, with focuses on auto defects, crashworthiness claims, and defective tire litigation. He further handles complex commercial personal injury cases, premises liability cases, construction litigation, securities and business litigation, and dangerous drug and medical devices.
His trial successes have resulted in the recovery of tens of millions of dollars for his clients. He has been involved in some of the highest-profile multi-district litigation and class action dockets in the U.S. While working on the defense side of the docket, he has represented some of the largest companies in the world and governmental entities in high stakes multi-billion-dollar litigation cases. Joining Patrick Daniel Law in 2019, Mr. Canche brings with him his considerable experience and talents to fight on behalf of his clients.
He is also a member of the Texas Bar Association; American Bar Association; Houston Bar Association; Houston Young Lawyer’s Association, Texas Trial Lawyers Association, and the Fifth Circuit Bar Association.
When he is not litigating, he is a professional bodybuilder, owns a fitness consulting company, and blogs on bodybuilding and nutrition. He is an avid traveler and foodie. He is also fluent in Spanish.
Bar And Court Admissions
Mr. Canche is licensed in Texas and New York State Courts, Federal District Courts for the Southern, Northern, Western and Eastern Divisions of Texas, Federal Circuit Courts for 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 9th, 11th and D.C. Court of Appeals, and the U.S. Supreme Court.
Awards And Honors
He has been a Texas Super Lawyer’s Rising Star, which places him in the top 2.5% of attorneys under the age of 40 in Texas since 2010, for a total of 10 years straight. He was one of the youngest lawyers ever to be awarded the distinction. He has been awarded by the National Trial Lawyers as a Top 40 under 40 in the U.S. for personal injury four times, awarded Top 100 Trial Attorneys in the U.S. by the American Academy of Trial Lawyers four times, and Top 10 Personal Injury Attorneys under the age of 40 in Texas by the National Academy of Personal Injury Lawyers four times, and has been AV Pre-Eminent Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Martindale Hubbell since 2012.
He has been appointed as Counsel for Receivers in some of the largest Ponzi Schemes in United States History, successfully retrieving hundreds of millions of dollars for those defrauded in securities schemes. He is regularly appointed as Special Counsel and as an Attorney Ad Litem on complex personal injury and wrongful death cases.
He has served as a Board Member for various philanthropic boards, including the SEARCH Young Ambassadors’ Board of Directors, Best Buddies of Texas Advisory Board of Directors, Houston Opera Guild, Houston Chamber and Hispanic Chambers of Commerce.
Verdicts And Settlements
- Counsel for GM Ignition switch recall and defect cases pending in both the New York MDL and the Houston, Texas, MDL. Successfully settled various cases in the seven-figure settlement range, with several more pending settlements, and one selected as a Bellwether Case.
- Plaintiff’s Counsel for Takata Airbag litigation cases currently pending in the Takata MDL in the Federal Southern District of Florida, Miami Division.
- Plaintiff’s Counsel for various Plaintiffs with claims against Norcold, Inc. and Thetford, Inc., in massive recall on refrigerators. Successfully settled numerous cases in the millions of dollars in controversy and have others pending and awaiting trial.
- Plaintiff’s Counsel for various Plaintiffs who filed suit against Toyota for several recalls including unintended acceleration and sticky foot pedal recalls. Successfully settled two cases in the seven-figure settlement range.
- Plaintiff’s Counsel for family which suffered multiple deaths and surviving members with quadriplegia as a result of detreated tires and an uncrashworthy vehicle.
- Plaintiff’s Counsel for injured male due to two recalled hernia mesh, which led to debilitating injuries.
- Plaintiff’s Counsel for FEI Company versus the United States due to the negligence of its employees, which led to millions of dollars in property and rent damages.
- Plaintiff’s Counsel in wrongful death case versus Exxon due to its negligence at the Port of Houston, which led to the death of the patriarch of the family.
- Plaintiff’s Counsel for surviving mother suffering from quadriplegia and the death of her two sons as a result of design and manufacturing defects from a foreign tire manufacturer.
- Prosecuted negligence, gross negligence, and medical malpractice claims against Memorial Hermann Hospital, attending physicians, and attending nurses for catastrophic birth defects of twin children. Parties reached a settlement of more than $8,000.000.
- Successfully secured $2,000,000 settlement for construction worker that suffered traumatic brain injury due to electric shock.
- Prosecuted negligence and products liability actions against international motorcycle manufacturing company for death of user. Settled case after trial judge granted plaintiffs’ Daubert Motions, striking two of defendants’ three testifying experts. Case settled for low seven-figures.
Mr. Canche has appeared on various local and national broadcasts advising the public on his areas of expertise, especially with regard to complex personal injury and product liability cases.